Tuesday 25 May 2010

PHILEUS DASTHON JOURNAL 04-05-10

PHILEUS  DASTHON  JOURNAL
00:01:01
Today  I  have  yet  again  side  stepped  fate  from  a  life  on  a  miserable  transport  that
can  go  about  as  fast  as  the  emporer  at  a  sprint,  onto  a  new  and  fancy  ship  with
guns  all  over  it!  Should  make  the  whole  surviving  thing  a  touch  easier  in  the  long
run  I  forsee.  Not  only  have  I  been  traded  up  onto  this  hoofing  gun  rack  on
rockets,  I  get  to  bomb  about  on  their  gun  cutter,  which  I’m  glad  to  say  stays  in
theme  with  its  mother  ship,  and  appears  to  have  limitless  ammo  and  guns,
strapped  to  more  rockets  to  make  it  move,  with  me  strapped  in  the  middle
making  the  whole  behemoth  go!  It  means  I’ll  have  to  get  used  to  not  pushing  that
button  on  the  top  of  the  control  column  for  the  intercom  at  the  risk  of  releasing  a
healthy  whack  of  its  arsenal  down  the  range,  but  the  controls  seem  basic  enough.
Anything  seems  simple  compared  to  the  ‘touch  screen’  disaster  that  was  the
Elyptic  Sonic-­‐Returnomator  I  had  to  test  ages  ago.
00:01:02
Not  so  hot  though  was  selling  a  whole  bunch  of  our  mutie  crew  to  slavers.  Most
unhappy  about  this  and  I  shall  be  having  words  with  our  captain  at  a  later  date
about  it  I’m  sure.  His  slightly  hypocritical  manner  unnerves  me,  but  so  long  as  he
makes  sure  I  have  a  gun  cutter  strapped  to  me  a  most  times,  I  can’t  see  myself
not  being  fond  of  him.  The  rest  of  the  crew  seem  likable  enough;  there  are  no
church  wackos,  the  mech-­‐head  is  quiet  and  so  long  as  he  doesn’t  get  me  to  ‘test’
things  I  can  se  us  getting  along,  and  shooting  and  blowing  things  up  seem  to  be
the  method  of  choice  here,  so  I  should  be  right  at  home.
00:01:03
Visited  a  death  world,  t’was  nice,  must  summer  again  here  some  time.
Apparently  the  local  fauna    are  big  and  hostile,  but  I  never  saw  any,  so  I’ll  have  to
pencil  in  a  safari  next  time  I’m  on  a  break.  Must  remember  my  umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment